A Quick Catch Up...

Hello all,

How's your Wednesday been?

I thought that today after 'A Week of June-ness' finished on Monday, I would give you all an update on what's been happening since after my month of madness.

I'm starting to think more sensibly about what I'm eating and how much exercise I do. I know I've said this before but this time, I'm more aware of how things need to change. I've cut out snacking, I'm drinking water of juice where I can instead of fizz and I'm starting to actually consciously plan out my meals. Ok, a few times over the last two weeks I've slipped up here and there but fundamentally I want to start being healthier and feeling better in myself. As for the exercise, next weekend Matthew being the Saint he is has agreed to teach me how to swim. I've somehow managed to go until the age of 24 without being able to swim but from next weekend, hopefully that will no longer be the case! I say Matthew's a Saint for doing this because I am a very anxious person who even when she did swimming lessons at school, could never trust her arm bands to keep her afloat, so this won't be easy for him. If I'm not back here the Monday morning after, it means he drowned me through sheer frustration. I'm hoping that when I've nailed the ability to swim, I'll be able to do this as a way to keep myself fit. I love being in the water, I just don't know what the hell to do when I'm in it!

Mum is away on holiday in Yorkshire with her friend this week so I've had full rein of the house and lets just say, I'm not the perfect house-wife material just yet. I hung washing out yesterday before work and by the time I got into work, it had started pissing it down with rain so for the next 8 hours I watched the rain fall out of the window at work knowing full well the washing would be soaked when I got in and that there was nothing I could do about it! So far she's been to York and around Bridlington and she reports that the public transport is quite slow around that area. She said she would be back about dinner time on Friday but judging by the 12 hours it took to get there on Monday, I'm not sure I'll see her through the door before midnight on Friday.

Yesterday was also Amazon Prime day! Matthew was giving me regular updates at work about the deals going on and had bought himself some bargains. I decided to stay away initially as this would just be like a black hole for me as I'd get seduced by the bargains (some of which may not even be real bargains).  However, due to boredom and curiousity, I caved and had a quick look at the deals. There were some really good one's on there but there were so many I decided to cut to the chase and look for any online articles suggesting the hottest deals. This proved a great plan as I saw one hell of a bargain. A PS4 bundle including Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy, Overwatch and two contollers for £179.99. What. A. Bargain. I immediately jumped on WhatsApp to tell Matthew (as he'd been telling me all the good offers he was finding) We agreed it was a cracking deal but unfortunately the deal was gone moments later. I was gutted! I'd been sucked in by great deals and then crushed by the disappointment shortly after. Even since my PS1 game of Crash Bandicoot mysteriously went missing, I'd longed to play it again. I'd mastered most of the levels through years of persistence and even had the checkpoint codes for each level jotted down on an old notepad. I even at one point bought a used game on Ebay out of desperation, however when I put it in my PS2, it wouldn't play! I sent it back and got a refund of course, but the Crash Bandicoot shaped void still remained.



Matthew then text me with a photo at quarter to 5 that evening saying "do you want to know what I just got you?" I opened the photo and I could've sworn my heart nearly stopped. Amazon had put the PS4 deal from earlier back on and he managed to get there just in time and to top it off, the bundle included.....CRASH BANDICOOT!! I beamed from ear to ear and almost squealed in the office as I realised what he'd done. Of course, it was incredibly naughty of him (I don't like him spending a lot of money on me and I certainly don't expect any presents from him) I've since paid back half and agreed the other half would be an early xmas present. I will finally be able to relive my Crash Bandicoot days! It's apparently all arriving next week (except from the extra controller which will be coming a bit later) so me and Matthew will be able to enjoy a weekend full of gaming and swimming! To say I'm excited is an understatement!

As for this weekend, I don't have any plans yet but I will of course update you on Monday! Until then have a great rest of the week and weekend :)

Oh, just before I go, I wanted to quickly wish my auntie Jane a happy birthday. I've heard from the lady herself that she has had a lovely day and has been truly spoilt which she well deserves.








Share your thoughts :

@bundysblogbox