Halfway through 2021 already?!

 

Hello all, welcome back to A Series of Unfortunate Irritations or, as I’ve renamed it, Bundy’s Blog Box. Before we dive in, can we just take a second to get over how it’s JUNE 2021 already! Time seems to get faster and faster these days. A year ago, we were still in the thick of it with the pandemic and I was still on furlough. I still reminisce of those summery furlough days wandering through the countryside on one of my 5-mile walks. Now, it’s gloomy and grey- definitely an indoor day.

So, why the name change? Well, I wanted to try and rebrand it with some personality and make it represent what this blog really is- a big mix of all sorts of topics and themes.

The second question you’re probably asking is why I have been gone so long. Well, I have to apologise for this one (again). With going back to work, dealing with my mental health, decorating with Matthew, going on lots of walks, visiting mum back in Aylesbury and just trying to keep sane in the pandemic has led me to taking a bit of a break. But I am back, and I want to start writing to you regularly again as we get closer to something that resembles some sort of normality.

My first contribution to you all is my review of Clarkson’s Farm, a new Amazon Prime docuseries from Jeremy Clarkson. While many know him as the power loving petrol head, he’s turned his attentions to his farm in the Cotswolds with funny and sincere results.

In the coming weeks I hope to give you another update on my mental health. Generally, I’m doing OK, but I still have some bad days where I doubt myself- I guess that’s what’s stopped me from writing for as long as I have. Fear of failure for me often means being afraid to try in the first place, which as you may know, isn’t the healthiest way to approach things. If you never try, you’ll never know. I guess Clarkson taught me that a little with his series too. Ok, he’s a multimillionaire which helps, but it’s the determination to fail at something, yet power on regardless. I need to learn to do that more.

Another thing I want to cover includes my take on the vaccination debate. For me, it’s cut a clear-cut choice, but I’ll talk about that more soon (hint: I’m all for vaccines).

Anyway, that’s all for now. I wanted to keep this intro short and sweet. I’ll be back soon, but in the meantime, you can head over to my Clarkson’s Farm review.

Share your thoughts :

@bundysblogbox