Happy Monday!

Monday has come round again....Far too soon if you ask me! How was your weekend? Today I woke up with the worst back pain....one huge spasm and with that went my ability, for about half hour, to do anything comfortably but lie down. Fortunately I made it to work without my spine snapping in half but I was however left with a nagging ache in my thoracic spine and ribs for most of the day(your thoracic spine is basically the part of the spine where your ribs are, hence the term 'thoracic cavity' being used to reference anything relating to the chest as its known in layman's terms as the 'chest cavity'. Don't say you don't learn anything here!!*) Also a shout out to any doctors or medical professionals that might be able to verify my condition- your words of wisdom will be very much appreciated.

As I said in my introductory post on Friday, I will now spend Monday's taking about the weekend I had; what I did, bought, read etc so here goes!

Saturday was a good day as me and mum went and had a catch up with one of my lovely friends from uni and did a spot of shopping (and nando-ing) in Harrow. It was so good to catch up and know she's doing well after taking the plunge moving to a job in London late last year. I got a few bits while I was there that I desperately needed. Jeans being the top of the list after the already ripped material on my black river island ones decided to surrender further leaving my thighs gaping out of some humiliatingly humungous holes! I always find that changing rooms are much akin to a shower. Not because they're damp-I should hope not- but because it's always here where you find yourself having some kind of huge breakdown or existential crisis. Where you realise that look you thought would be fabulous in your head made you look like a potato in real life. It's also where I decided I really should be more strict with myself when it comes to the odd snack. There's nothing wrong with being a bigger size but for me at least, I don't like having to increasingly surrender to the next size up. And seeing old pics of a more slender me makes it even more sad. Not to mention being told by a medical professional to watch the weight too- it's not something I can turn a blind eye to anymore. However I'm not planning on staying this way for long; no more snacking and a lot more moving about for me!

On a lighter note (ha-ha, 'Pundy Bundy' strikes again!) I got to see and stroke an eagle owl called Daisy who is a rescue bird! It's nice to see someone taking care of animals and finding them new homes away from those who buy them as pets not knowing what they're signing up for. It's a shame when people don't do their research and properly think things through before making such a huge commitment- trust me, Daisy was huge! Lovely and tame but you certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong end of her talons put it that way!

Meet Daisy the Eagle owl. Would you just look at that manicure....and those eyebrows are on fleek!


Also, my new cd from The Chainsmokers arrived earlier that day so I played it in the car on the way home. I haven't really followed them religiously but it's a good sounding album and after listening on YouTube at work during the week I decided it was a worthy purchase. It'll be blasting out on the way to Abingdon on Friday evening! I'm looking forward to driving about again but the prospect of rush hour traffic doesn't exactly fill me with joy.Ah well that's the price to pay for a 9-5 job I suppose.

Talking of jobs, I'm on the hunt for a new one as I may have touched upon in my last post. I've got an application form for a digital communications officer for a wildlife charity in Oxford. I'm hopeful as it'll give me a chance to combine two things I like- animals and writing! It'll also be a good excuse to fly the nest because lets face it, it needs to happen eventually-sorry mum- and I want to get creative and active (which will also help with the figure). The closing date for applications is the 27th April so fingers crossed.

Sunday was truly a day of rest. Mum and I watched films and catch-up TV. I read some more of my book 'Past Mortems'. I love reading and when it's a good book I get hooked so easily. I just wish I had more time in the day to read instead of going to work. It's a great read though. Stories of death and mortuary work juxtaposed with her personal life which while it is autobiographical, doesn't feel as overbearing as some autobiographies can feel. Reading of her journey up the ranks of the industry has inspired me to work hard to reach my career goals as she is proof that hard work and dedication can lead you down the path you need to go, even if it's out of any comfort zone you ever had. It won't be too long now until I finish 'Past Mortems' and start 'Smoke Gets in Your Eyes'. I read a sneaky snippet before I bought the book and from what I've read so far, it's going to be a fun read. I watch the author of this book on YouTube as well so it's like I can hear her voice reading it to me in my head which I feel adds to the experience some what. Like when you get a text from your best friend and while it would seem like such a trivial text to an outsider, is anything but trivial to you as their voice and mannerisms come immediately into your head.

Anyway, that concludes my ramblings for today! Come back tomorrow for a review. Not sure of what yet but that can be a surprise until tomorrow evening. Have a good Tuesday peeps!

*I dedicate all my medical knowledge to reading so many medical notes and also from these books I've been reading. If you'd like more nuggets of anatomical knowledge then let me know in a comment, I'll happily oblige


Share your thoughts :

@bundysblogbox